Friday, February 5, 2010

Sight Word "See" Activities

More activities for the sight-word "see". First, we read "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?"

Then, Izzie completed the Emergent Reader for the book.

For this book, we focused on the sight-word "see". On each mini-page, I highlighted the word "see" and Izzie colored the animal the correct color.

She had the best time "reading" this booklet!

Words to book:
I see a brown bear
I see a red bird
I see a yellow duck
I see a blue horse
I see a green frog
I see a purple cat
I see a white dog
I see a black sheep
I see an orange fish
I see all the animals looking at me!



I found these corresponding cards, so she used them to practice the word "see" and to review the different shapes too!

Izzie is doing a fabulous job at being able to identify the word "see". She identified the sight-word "see" by covering it with the pink heart.


To see the Groundhog Day emergent reader for sight-word "See', click here.

For more Brown Bear, Brown Bear Activities, click here.

2 comments:

  1. I am really interested in these strategies as we are about to start exploring the world of reading. Thank you for sharing your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! My daughters LOVE that book!! The youngest (1 year old) is actually obsessed with it right now- LOL!

    thanks so much for showing us your fun ideas1

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...