Saturday, November 5, 2011

Sight Word "the" and "here" Activities

I'm not sure about you, but I know there are days that I could really use 36 hours in my day! I'm finding a hard time "completing" everything on my "to do" list, everyday. Thankfully, I have found some fabulous blogs, written my amazing teachers, who are extremely generous! All of the following activities were created by Fran at Kindergarten Crayons!

Izzie has been reading "If You Take A Mouse To School", so I've been trying to incorporate school-theme activities.

Her newest sight words are "the" and "here".

"Reading" the sight word "the". These can be cut and placed in a pocket chart, but for us (only one student) this works great. I simply placed each inside of a page protector and had Izzie read the 2-word sentences.

Completing a simple "the" sight word emergent reader.

She also completed this larger emergent reader (not sure why I don't have a picture!)


Completing this shape emergent reader, which focuses on the new sight word "here' and is a great review for shapes!

For more shape practice, she completed this shape flip book .

Link
I love that she was so patient with Mac, who insisted on helping her glue!

The adorable completed flip book! What a fun way to review shapes!

She completed all the sight word "the" and "here" activities from Fran's Sight Words To Rock Your Room Too packet. Well worth the $15...a ton of sight word activities that will last all year!

A BIG thank you Fran for your generosity and these amazing learning resources!

1 comment:

Thanks for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...